Our client is a young energetic and fast-growing business providing sustainable, reusable event cup solutions to festivals, sports stadia, music venues and arenas. As a climate partner certified company, they are proud of their sustainable credentials – so if making a difference to this planet is important to you – then read on….
The role in a nutshell
We are delighted to be recruiting an ‘Events Manager – London and the Southeast’ on their behalf. This individual will help play a pivotal role in the company’s growth managing the onsite event cup solutions.
This business-critical role will be the main point of contact onsite for a range of customers in the sports & music sector. Client relationship building is key, so our event manager must be comfortable communicating with individuals at all levels. The London & Southeast event calendar operates 12 months of the year and you would be expected to work flexibly to including some weekends, evenings and night shifts as the business requires. Additional time off in lieu (additional to annual leave) will be provided to compensate for this.
What you will be doing
- Manage & assist the Event Cup Programme on site at concert & sports venues within London and Southeast region
- Liaise & communicate effectively with the onsite venue operations team on to ensure that agreed cup programme is effectively delivered.
- Provide accurate on-site stock takes in accordance with the frequency agreed with the customer.
- Where necessary fully manage the onsite Cup Crew supervisor & team to ensure that all used cups are collected during the event, sorted, and stored ready for collection and return to the wash facilities.
- Ensure that cup losses are kept to a minimum level.
- Manage and be the point of contact for the delivery of clean and collection of dirty cups by the logistics team.
Experience in the events industry would be advantageous but someone with a real can-do attitude who is prepared to get their sleeves rolled up and do a brilliant job is what we are looking for. This is a hands-on role – we need someone who is happy to get stuck in and support the team on site at the events – no ivory towers to be seen!
Equally, this is a role which includes managing people – you will be pivotal in leading & motivating the Cup Crew Supervisor and Cup Crew Team on site and be the face of the company during these events, so 2-3 years’ experience in man management either in multi-site or standalone operational venue is essential.
Ideally this individual will be based in the home counties with easy access to major road networks and with the ability to get into London easily. A full driving licence is essential.
Finally, as a new business challenges are part of everyday life so we are looking for someone who is well organised, conscientious, hard working with a positive can-do attitude. You will be a self-starter who is able to work unsupervised and you will be willing to work through problems and create solutions – a true all-rounder and problem solver!
- £40,000 – £42,000 with OTE £45,000
- Business associated expenses for Accom, travel etc
- Company vehicle (likely to be small van) will be provided.
- All training will be provided for Forklift licence, etc
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a vibrant, sustainable company, then look no further and apply today.