Technical Sales Engineer. We are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of an expanding distributor and component manufacturer situated near Bordon, Hampshire. This role would suit either an experienced Technical Sales Engineer or a Graduate with sales experience. You can come from ANY industry background. You must be confident using CAD design, ideally using Solidworks or recently completed a Higher Education Qualification (2D and 3D CAD Design, Autodesk, Solidworks, Architecture, Design, Auto CAD, beneficial though not essential).
If you are familiar with CAD drawings, possess a highly customer focused attitude and keen eye for detail we would like to hear from you.
Hours Monday to Friday 09:00hrs to 17:30hrs
Duties and responsibilities:
– Prepare and send quotations to customers.
– Provide after-sales support services and technical backup as required.
– Understand customer requirements and provide advice for potential solutions.
– Provide detailed product knowledge, understanding of technical specifications.
– Create 2D and 3D CAD drawings for customers and tooling suppliers.
– Assist Director, management team and colleagues as required.
– Update internal pricelists and databases.
– Technical – must have a maths or science qualification.
– Willingness to learn – whilst a technical background is required, the most important quality is an ability and desire to learn about and understand our clients products, comprehensive and ongoing product training will be given.
– Excellent telephone manner – be comfortable using the telephone as a proactive sales tool.
– Effective written and oral communication skills – to maintain sound relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
– Credibility and reliability – make realistic commitments and live up to them. Meet deadlines.
– Able to work as part of a team and as an individual –
– Good knowledge of MS Office applications, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
– A-Levels, degree or equivalent qualification in engineering, maths or science.
– Experience or qualification using 2D and 3D CAD packages such as Autodesk and Solidworks.
– Previous experience in a technical or sales role.