£28-30k p.a. (£36k p.a. OTE)
A challenging proactive sales role to develop new business and account manage existing clients focusing on the Meetings & Events markets in the local area, London and the South East along with supporting the Sales and Revenue teams with other segments as required. This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent Events Graduate or someone with a few year of experience in the industry. YOU MUST BE A CAR DRIVER
- Source new Meetings & Events and corporate clients for Aviator via research and proactive sales calls.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts to ensure that revenue from each individual company is maximised.
- Arrange, attend and follow up from appointments with new and existing users, ensuring weekly appointment target is consistently achieved.
- Assist in the conversion of key M&E enquiries.
- Organise and host familiarisation trips for relevant new corporate and M&E clients.
- Support the Director of Sales with any proactive sales events/sale blitz activity.
- Conduct showrounds of Aviator for Meetings & Events bookers.
- Ensure knowledge of main competitors is kept up to date and feedback information to Revenue Team.
- Promote/cross sell all areas of Aviator to account portfolio – including meeting space and bedrooms but all F&B outlets and private events/weddings.
- Assist in the planning and hosting of Wedding Showcases, M&E Showcases and any other client events.
- Support the Director of Sales with attendance at regional/national exhibitions and events.
- Support the Director of Sales with agency account management.
- Attend relevant meetings, reporting on recent and future sales activity including business potential.
- Submit weekly schedule detailing planned sales appointments.
- Report on recent sales activity on a weekly basis, highlighting key successes and business potential.
- Maintain a clear understanding of Aviator’s statistical and revenue reports.
- Ensure all activity notes are kept up to date on Guestline and any other internal systems.
- Ensure all databases are kept up to date.
- Assist in the communication of familiarisation trips/showrounds and their business potential to the wider hotel team.
- Read and understand reports on a weekly basis to ensure a clear understanding of Aviator’s financial performance against budget/last year and forecast.
- To communicate and act according to the standards and values at Aviator.
- Pro-actively present and demonstrate activities to increase profit.
- To adhere to all company standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Possess excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and the ability to use hotel computer systems and phone system effectively and efficiently.