Our client situated near Alton, Hampshire is actively seeking an experienced Plastic Injection Moulder Process Setter to join their team on a temporary 6 – 8 week basis. This role is an immediate start due to the development of several large projects. You will be supporting their established Night Shift Team Monday to Friday 22:00hrs to 06:00hrs. The role of the Injection Moulding Setter will be to set, condition, maintain & optimise several injection machines.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of setting injection moulding machines and experience with process optimisation, tool setting, tool changes, basic machine maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Experience in Injection Moulding and Manufacturing processes.
- Quality control.
- Experience in working with and processing a variety of materials.
- Adhering to Health and Safety regulations throughout the building.
- Liaise with Production Team Leader for production priorities
- To carry out mould tool changes in accordance with the daily production plan.
- Carry out mould tool sampling and produce sample reports/ setting sheets as necessary.
- Recommend modifications/ improvements to increase productivity, improve quality and/or reduce waste.
- To ensure that moulding processes are running correctly and to the correct cycle time.
- Trouble shoot processes and correct as necessary with documentation as required.
- Ensure the correct materials are available for production runs.
- To ensure that machines are left tidy and free of tools and equipment.
- To work with others (which may include Production Team Leaders, Operators, Maintenance Engineers) to set up, operate, maintain and debug any assigned equipment.
- Clean any assigned machinery as required.
- Ensure spares and consumables for moulding and machines are available and stock quantities are maintained.