We have an exciting opportunity for a creative, bright, computer literate individual to help with Broking and Operations. Our client is a small physical commodity broking company specialising in the international grain industry. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in current events and international affairs possess an excellent telephone manner with a fine attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy both written and numerical. You will work directly with brokers and deal with operations across a global platform from negotiation of contract to execution. In return you will receive full training and support from the senior management team.
Tasks and opportunities will include:
- Working directly with the brokers, and dealing with operations.
- Following the negotiation of contract, help to draft and issue contract, monitor the execution of contracts, help to ensure that contract terms are adhered to and deadlines are met.
- This position calls for a well-organized person who enjoys multi-tasking and working in a small team but is also capable of working independently.
- A Degree or Masters with evidence of ability in Economics, Maths, Statistics or other related subjects :- International Relations, Business, Business Management. Some understanding of transport, shipping, logistics would be useful but not essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A foreign language would be useful
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; proficient typing and keyboard skills.
Working Hours :- Monday – Friday 09:00hrs – 17:30hrs