We are on the hunt for an Accountant with some knowledge of the manufacturing or engineering sector. You will need to be at least part qualified in a professional accountancy qualification and have previous experience within a similar role. Working for a highly regarded and stable organisation who operate on a global platform the Accountant will take responsibility for cost management, assist with annual budgets and performance evaluation.
Salary up to £40K depending on experience + benefits.
Key responsibilities for the Accountant include,
- Assess fixed and variable costs to determine the total cost of manufacturing a product
- Establish the standard costs of services or products
- Analysing company data, assess rates of labour and overhead to recommend policy amendments
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports based on inventory analyses
- Submit accounting reports to management
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Assist with all other areas of the finance team as required
The ideal Accountant will need the following,
- Previous experience within a similar role
- An understanding or previous experience within the manufacturing or engineering sector
- Be at least part qualified in a professional accountancy qualification
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills essential
- Good computer skills, particularly Excel required
- Be well organised with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
This Accountant role would suit an enthusiastic team player who has a ‘can do’ approach and thrives within a friendly team.