We are currently seeking to recruit a ‘Live in’ Catering General Assistant for our wonderful client, based in Dorking.
Working closely together with their current assistant, your job will be to join the team to make sure all their Cookery classes run smoothly and effectively, and that the school is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
- Ensuring the food prep areas are clean and hygienic
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and preparing food ready for the upcoming classes
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
- Putting any deliveries away and ticking off the order forms to make sure they are correct
- Meeting and greeting customers during the evening and Saturday courses
- Cleaning the kitchens after classes have finished
- Cleaning the residential areas, bedrooms and bathrooms once students have departed and preparing for the next week
- Following the school’s COVID-19 policy and adhering to social distancing when customers are in the school
You will need to be organised, have excellent attention to detail, be flexible and adaptable to different situations and be confident and happy to speak to different age groups and people.
A good knowledge of food safety and handling is also preferable (although not essential).
- Five days a week including Saturdays (minimum 40 hours a week).
- These hours are flexible, and you will sometimes be required to work extra hours or days depending on the courses (some Saturday courses finish at 17:30
Holiday allowance: 20 days’ paid holiday plus bank holidays (if you are required to work on a bank holiday, you will be given this off in lieu). A Christmas closure will be decided by the directors and the time taken off will be included in your holiday allowance.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS & REQUIREMENTS
- Own transport required
- Live in role (for this position they are requiring you to live in).
- Private furnished accommodation will be provided for your use at £300 per month inclusive of bills which will be taken out of your salary each month or paid by separate arrangement. It is a requirement of your employment that you live in. Please note that if a student arrives on a Sunday night you will be expected to check them in between 19:30 and 20:30.